Nov 30, 2014; Blacksburg, VA, USA; Virginia Tech Hokies guard Ahmed Hill (13) dribbles in the first half against the Morgan State Bears at Cassell Coliseum. Virginia Tech defeated Morgan State 83-63. Mandatory Credit: Michael Shroyer-USA TODAY Sports
The Virginia Tech Hokies started off ACC play with a close, home loss to Syracuse, but will look to get their first ACC win of the season against the Florida State Seminoles in Tallahassee. This game is a great chance for the Hokies to get that first ACC win especially with the following four games being against top 25 teams.
Leonard Hamilton and Florida State know that the Hokies have a strong backcourt led by Justin Bibbs and Adam Smith. Those two players will likely be the players that receive the most attention from Florida State defensively.
This should open up some space for Ahmed Hill and the freshman guard will rise to the occasion.
Hill has had some big games this season including 18 points against Presbyterian, but Hill is ready to take advantage of getting more space in this game. Hill is an aggressive player that is willing to attack the rim if he is given the space to do that.
The Seminoles will likely try to heavily guard Bibbs and Smith allowing for Hill to get the space that he needs to get easy buckets around the rim. Hill also is not too bad of a shooter, and is a guy that will likely get a couple of open looks from beyond the arc in this game.
More from Virginia Tech Men's Basketball
- Virginia Tech’s Mike Young & coaches attend four-star recruit’s workout
- Virginia Tech men’s basketball lands three-star recruit Tyler Johnson
- Virginia Tech men’s basketball releases non-conference schedule
- Virginia Tech basketball recruiting: Hokies 2023 class is coming together
- Virginia Tech Basketball: 2022 NBA Draft Prospects
When Ahmed Hill had 18 points against Presbyterian, he was able to get to the free throw line and be productive as he made 8 of 11 free throws in that game. Hill seems to be a better free throw shooter when he gets a high volume of free throw attempts, and Hill will do what he needs to do to get to the line.
Hill has gained some confidence over the last few weeks and will help out with the Hokies’ offensive attack in this game especially in the first half. Hill will have 8 to 10 points by halftime and end this game against the Seminoles with at least 14 points.
Hill also is a decent rebounder for a guard and will end up with 3 to 4 rebounds while turnovers will not be an issue once again for Hill. Hill has gotten a lot better over the last few weeks, and is ready to help out for the Hokies in a big way this game.
Ahmed Hill is gaining more and more confidence, and he will have a big game against the Florida State Seminoles.
More from Fighting Gobbler
- Virginia Tech women’s basketball getting preseason respect
- Virginia Tech Football: Predicting how the Hokies will finish 2023
- Virginia Tech Football: Mixed results on injury news for Hokies defense
- How to Win $350 in DraftKings Bonuses Betting on College Football Week 4
- Former Virginia Tech lineman had hilarious moment Monday night