Virginia Tech’s Chance
The Virginia Tech Hokies do not have a great chance of getting Ricky DeBerry, but the Hokies at least have a shot at getting the four-star recruit from Atlee High School. If DeBerry comes to Virginia Tech, he would be a big addition to a class that made a fairly big improvement with the addition of Yosuah Nijman.
More from Fighting Gobbler
- Virginia Tech women’s basketball getting preseason respect
- Virginia Tech Football: Predicting how the Hokies will finish 2023
- Virginia Tech Football: Mixed results on injury news for Hokies defense
- How to Win $350 in DraftKings Bonuses Betting on College Football Week 4
- Former Virginia Tech lineman had hilarious moment Monday night
DeBerry would likely end up moving to defensive end at Virginia Tech, and DeBerry would have a decent chance at getting some early playing time as a backup defensive end. DeBerry would also be a part of the answer at defensive end in the long run for the Hokies.
The struggles over the last few seasons for the Hokies is probably hurting Virginia Tech’s chances, and the proximity to home card does not seem to be working well in the pursuit of DeBerry. However, the success of Virginia Tech defenses is undeniable and definitely helps on the recruiting trail.
Virginia Tech doesn’t have a great shot at getting DeBerry but they definitely have a chance.