4 of 4
GAME SUMMARY – 4TH QUARTER
- VT starts the quarter with a delay of game penalty.
- ODU scores a field goal, making the score VT 17, ODU 13.
- ODU started making big plays, with a 35 yard reception with 8:14 left in the game.
- ODU also went for it on 4th down, and VT stopped them and took over on downs.
- Tech then had an illegal formation penalty.
- Wells was then intercepted on 3rd and 13, for his third interception.
- A key play was when the ODU quarterback Wolff ran just shy of a first down, when Tech popped the ball out – the play went under review, where it was determined that his knee was already down, so ODU kept possession.
- ODU receiver Ari Jennings then caught a long pass to the 1 yard line – Tech had a pass interference call that was declined. ODU was then in scoring position, down 17-13 in the last minute and a half of the game.
- ODU running back Blake Watson then ran in for a touchdown, making the score VT 17, ODU 20.
- VT then tried to get in field goal position in the last 30 seconds, after Coach Brent Pry failed to immediately call a timeout.
- Wells threw a Hail Mary at the end the game, which was picked off for his fourth interception.
- ODU wins 20 to 17, with their second ever win over a Power 5 conference opponent – both of these wins have been against the Hokies.