The Virginia Tech Hokies are back on the upward trend, jumping to No.15 in the AP Top 25 Poll after week 6.
The Hokies took home the victory against Boston College on Saturday night. After the polls were released on Sunday afternoon, the Hokies had risen to No.15 in the AP Top 25 and to No.17 in the Coaches Poll.
The win against Boston College, 23-10, was nothing less than expected. Now, Virginia Tech is the 4th highest ranking team in the ACC Coastal Division.
Teams Just Ahead of the Hokies
Oklahoma State had a bye week but won their last game against Texas Tech, 41-34 . Oklahoma State moved up one spot in the AP poll, just one spot ahead of the Hokies.
More from Fighting Gobbler
- Virginia Tech Basketball: Hokies Offer A Trio Of Recruits
- Virginia Tech Football: Hokies, Wolpack have game rescheduled
- Virginia Tech Football: NC State pauses athletics days before game against Virginia Tech
- Virginia Tech Football: Four players selected in Pro Football Network Mock Draft
- Virginia Tech Football: Hokies land FCS corner from the transfer portal
No. 3 Oklahoma suffered a shocking home loss to Iowa State, 38-31, knocking Oklahoma all the way down to No. 12.
Miami is the next ACC team in the AP Top 25. The Hurricanes rise from No.13 to No.11 in the AP poll. In week six, Miami defeated Florida State, by a score of 24-20.
No.12 Auburn beat Ole Miss, 44-22, moving the Tigers move up two spots in the AP poll, sitting them at No. 10.
The Hokies are no longer undefeated, but they continue to have a strong defense and bounced back well after a loss. Virginia Tech sits at 5-1, looking to remain among the group of 3 ACC teams in the AP Top 25.
The Hokies have a bye week, then get back to work against North Carolina on October 21st in Lane Stadium.