The million dollar question for the Hokies heading into 2017: Who will be the starting quarterback
In the final installment of the depth chart series on ESPN Blacksburg, the group looks to address one of the most pressing needs on offense heading into the 2017: the quarterbacks.
Redshirt-freshman Josh Jackson is the presumed favorite as he is the most experienced quarterback on the roster, but true freshman Hendon Hooker and junior college transfer A.J. Bush are not going down without a fight.
All three quarterbacks remain in the mix, and each individual brings a different style of play and a different look to the table on offense. Which of these three players will prevail, and what can we expect out of the offense from each player as the starting quarterback? We give all of our picks and the rationale in the final segment in the series on ESPN Blacksburg.
More from Fighting Gobbler
- Virginia Tech women’s basketball getting preseason respect
- Virginia Tech Football: Predicting how the Hokies will finish 2023
- Virginia Tech Football: Mixed results on injury news for Hokies defense
- How to Win $350 in DraftKings Bonuses Betting on College Football Week 4
- Former Virginia Tech lineman had hilarious moment Monday night
I joined host Paul VanWagoner, Tim Thomas of Tech Lunch Pail, Ryan Dye, and Dave Perks to discuss all of this and more in the audio below.
The Drive on ESPN Blacksburg can be heard in the New River Valley in Southwest Virginia Monday through Friday from 4 to 6 PM ET on 93.1 FM, 97.1 FM, and 810 AM.
The Drive can also be heard by listeners outside of the New River Valley online at ESPNBlacksburg.com, under the Listen Live tab.