The depth chart for the wide receivers was up for discussion on ESPN Blacksburg on Monday afternoon
The Virginia Tech Hokies have to replace two of their top three receivers off of last year’s roster in Isaiah Ford and Bucky Hodges when they take the field this fall. There are no shortage of candidates to play alongside returning contributors Cam Phillips and C.J. Carroll at the wide receiver position, but the players who will be in the rotation have no game experience at the FBS-level. This makes the discussion of who will contribute at wide receiver all the more interesting.
More from Fighting Gobbler
- Virginia Tech women’s basketball getting preseason respect
- Virginia Tech Football: Predicting how the Hokies will finish 2023
- Virginia Tech Football: Mixed results on injury news for Hokies defense
- How to Win $350 in DraftKings Bonuses Betting on College Football Week 4
- Former Virginia Tech lineman had hilarious moment Monday night
In the second segment of Monday’s interview with ESPN Blacksburg, the wide receivers are discussed at length, including the pros and cons of each player at the position, and what kind of mixing and matching we can see on the outside on passing downs this fall.
I joined host Paul VanWagoner, Tim Thomas of Tech Lunch Pail, Ryan Dye, and Dave Perks to discuss all of this and more in the audio below.
The Drive on ESPN Blacksburg can be heard in the New River Valley in Southwest Virginia Monday through Friday from 4 to 6 PM ET on 93.1 FM, 97.1 FM, and 810 AM.
The Drive can also be heard by listeners outside of the New River Valley online at ESPNBlacksburg.com, under the Listen Live tab.