I joined Paul VanWagoner on The Drive on ESPN Blacksburg on Tuesday afternoon to discuss the latest news from the spring practice front. The right side of the offensive line has continued to progress in the early part of camp as they adjust to life without Augie Conte and Jonathan McLaughlin.
Meanwhile, there are a number of contributors vying for early playing time at wide receiver, with sophomore Eric Kumah, redshirt freshman Phil Patterson, and true freshman Kalil Pimpleton all getting off to strong starts as they look to fill depth roles as pass catchers.
The quarterback position continues to be sorted out, with redshirt-freshman Josh Jackson likely sitting as the leader in the clubhouse. Can transfer A.J. Bush or true freshman Hendon Hooker make a considerable play at the position? I discuss all of the possibilities in my latest radio spot, which can be found in full below.
More from Fighting Gobbler
- Virginia Tech women’s basketball getting preseason respect
- Virginia Tech Football: Predicting how the Hokies will finish 2023
- Virginia Tech Football: Mixed results on injury news for Hokies defense
- How to Win $350 in DraftKings Bonuses Betting on College Football Week 4
- Former Virginia Tech lineman had hilarious moment Monday night
Additionally, if you’re local to the New River Valley area in Southwest Virginia, you can hear The Drive on ESPN Blacksburg Monday through Friday from 4-6 PM Eastern on 94.1 FM, as well as 810 and 1430 AM.
If you’re outside of the New River Valley and still would like to hear the best daily radio coverage of your Virginia Tech Hokies, you can tune into the show at ESPNBlacksburg.com under the “Listen Live” tab.