Dec 27, 2014; Annapolis, MD, USA; Virginia Tech Hokies associate head coach Shane Beamer holds the Champions Trophy while standing with Hokies
The Virginia Tech Hokies have gotten off to a great start on the recruiting trail in 2015 with 4-star DT Tim Settle and 4-star QB Dwayne Lawson both committing to the Hokies within the first few days of the new year. Virginia Tech is looking to add a few more recruits to the Class of 2015, but is also starting to focus on the Class of 2016.
One of those targets is three-star WR Samuel Denmark of Hanahan High School in Hanahan, South Carolina who revealed his current top 2 on Twitter.
Denmark’s only major offers are currently from Virginia Tech and Wake Forest so the process is still fairly wide open, but the fact that Denmark is willing to announce a top 2 is a good sign.
More contenders will likely emerge for Denmark including Clemson and Notre Dame, but the early scholarship offer from the Hokies definitely helps. The fact that the Hokies only have one wide receiver commit in the Classes of 2015 and 2016 should also help with the potential for some early playing time.
More from Football Recruiting
- Virginia Tech football recruit decommits to attend another school
- Virginia Tech Football: Hokies and Pry can’t land top recruit
- Brent Pry on recruiting trail Friday night and makes grand enterance
- Virginia Tech football commit shows off impressive arm
- Virginia Tech Football: Hokies 2024 class cracks ESPN Top 40 rankings
Denmark is listed by ESPN as being able to run a 4.58 40 yard dash which is fairly solid for a junior. Denmark seems like he could end up being a quality slot receiver that has the potential to be a starter in the long run for the Hokies.
The Hokies seem to be the favorites ahead of Wake Forest right now, but Clemson is a team that could really make this interesting. Denmark is ranked by Rivals as South Carolina’s tenth best recruit which means that it is likely that Clemson will end up offering Denmark at some point.
The in-state presence of Clemson will be tough to beat if they make an offer, but the Hokies have the potential to be able to poach Denmark from South Carolina.
Shane Beamer is the primary recruiter for Denmark, and he is someone that knows how to recruit the state of South Carolina from his time with the Gamecocks of South Carolina. Aaron Moorehead also already has a role in the recruitment of Denmark which definitely should help.
The recruitment of Samuel Denmark will definitely be one to keep an eye on over the course of the next recruiting cycle.
More from Fighting Gobbler
- Virginia Tech women’s basketball getting preseason respect
- Virginia Tech Football: Predicting how the Hokies will finish 2023
- Virginia Tech Football: Mixed results on injury news for Hokies defense
- How to Win $350 in DraftKings Bonuses Betting on College Football Week 4
- Former Virginia Tech lineman had hilarious moment Monday night