This is not an easy prediction to make as Alabama is the finalists that has had the best season while Virginia Tech has the proximity to home advantage with Miami and Georgia having very good relationships with the player.
However, the Crimson Tide have all the momentum, and Lawrence Cager seems like he will be headed to Tuscaloosa next fall.
The relationship between the Alabama coaches, specifically Lance Thompson and Billy Napier, and Cager seems to be allowing Alabama to make a late surge. However, Alabama has the potential to offer Cager immediate playing time plus you can’t take away the 3 national championships in the last six seasons for Alabama.
It would not be surprising if Cager ended up committing to Virginia Tech or Miami, and personally I hope Cager does come to Blacksburg. Right now, Alabama looks like the favorite even without receiving an official visit from the 6’5” wide receiver.
Cager has the talent and potential to be a very good wide receiver for someone, and that team seems like it will be Alabama.
More from Fighting Gobbler
- Virginia Tech women’s basketball getting preseason respect
- Virginia Tech Football: Predicting how the Hokies will finish 2023
- Virginia Tech Football: Mixed results on injury news for Hokies defense
- How to Win $350 in DraftKings Bonuses Betting on College Football Week 4
- Former Virginia Tech lineman had hilarious moment Monday night