The Prediction: Virginia Tech
These coaches will be nervous surrounding this decision tomorrow morning, though the team that gets Josh Sweat’s commitment will likely find out a few minutes before the actual decision. All five of these teams know that Sweat can have a huge impact on their recruiting class for this season.
Florida State has a really good chance but the Hokies will seal the deal and bring the top in-state recruit to Blacksburg. There is a quite confidence around Blacksburg about Sweat choosing the Hokies and the proximity to home factor seems to be a big factor for him.
More from Fighting Gobbler
- Virginia Tech women’s basketball getting preseason respect
- Virginia Tech Football: Predicting how the Hokies will finish 2023
- Virginia Tech Football: Mixed results on injury news for Hokies defense
- How to Win $350 in DraftKings Bonuses Betting on College Football Week 4
- Former Virginia Tech lineman had hilarious moment Monday night
The impact of his family will likely be big and if it is true that they prefer the Hokies, as suspected, that is an even bigger boost for the Hokies’ chance of getting Sweat.
There is no doubt that Josh Sweat is a recruit that the Hokies have to get but it is definitely not certain that he will end up coming to Blacksburg. If the Hokies fail to get him, it will end upbeing the latest disappointment with a top Virginia recruit, especially after missing out on Quin Blanding, Andrew Brown, and Da’Shawn Hand last year.
Personally, I believe the Hokies will get Josh Sweat but you never know until the decision is announced.